1. When she admires, respects and appreciates you, she doesn't nag.
2. When he cherishes you, he doesn't tear you down and whittle away at your self-esteem. His main goal is to make you happy, not to be controlling.
3. A bad boy is unreliable, selfish, lies, and isn't very stable. A good guy is committed to your happiness. He cares about your feelings. He makes you feel safe, is considerate, reliable, and compassionate.
4. She makes you her hero. And when the world seems to be against you, she's always your cheerleader. You can count on her to build you up instead of tear you down.
5. You light up when you talk about your partner instead of making excuses for him or her.
6. Your partner compliments you rather than has to compete with you.
7. He or she wears their desperation, neediness and insecurity as if they were Calvin Klein colognes. No matter what you say or do, it's never enough. And even though you try to tell your partner that you need some space, the only time they get the message is when you buy them a gift-wrapped box of Cling-Free.
8. He asks you about your day. Then shuts his mouth and listens. She encourages you to play golf or get together with the guys and shoot some hoops.
9. He or she becomes in the mood even when they aren't.
10. You are loved and accepted just the way you are. He or she doesn't want to fix you.
11. He or she parked their emotional baggage at the door when they entered the relationship instead of putting wheels on their baggage and taking it with them whenever the two of you are together. He or she is healed emotionally from their past relationships.
12. When the two of you are together, the hours seem like minutes. And even when you say goodbye and you've had a wonderful time, you can hardly wait to see him or her again. Her perfume lingers on you and makes you smile. Every time you think about his kiss, it sends shivers up and down your spine again and again.
13. Your life is better off for having him or her in it. And, even though you're already complete, this person in your life completes you. He or she is the icing, but not the cake.
It's a big ocean out there and more than 80 million single fishes are swimming in it. I know the song says, "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with." But I say, "If you're not with the one you love, keep fishing." And don't let the good one get away.